Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Our new Windows


As I blogged about earlier in the week, the windows have finally been replaced!

After 2 full days of watching people work hard to install them, 5 regular windows and 1 bay windows later, we are done!

I wanted to share what we had decided on and of course the before and after shots.


We also decided on a few unique features in these windows that were not there before.  First, we decided to convert our Bow window into a Bay window.  Before I started this window journey, I had no idea the difference between the two, but after seeing a lot of pictures, we decided we liked the look of a bay instead of a bow.  Because we transformed the window from five equally sized windows to three, we were able to get a 78 inch picture window.  This is one of my favorite changes with the windows.  It is beautiful to look out and see such an amazing view outside of our window.


The second change we went with was a little more risky.  We decided to go colonial with the window style meaning we decided to get the horizontal and vertical pattern in between our windows.  This is purely cosmetic and was something that I thought would look good with our housing structure.  I will say, I was a little nervous about this decision since I had one window company tell me I shouldn't do something that is not already on our house (No we did NOT buy windows from him).  However, after seeing a lot of houses in our neighborhood transition to this colonial style, I wanted to take the risk.  And it paid off!! I'm so glad we decided to go with this style and I love the look!


All in all, I'm so happy with how the windows turned out! Windows Universe was cost effective, easy to work with, and the final product looks amazing!  I would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area looking for a reputable Windows company!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...