Friday, February 13, 2015

Colorado, Here I Come!

Today I booked my upcoming trip to Colorado in March.  I was approached by my manager at work about an opportunity to travel to our other corporate office in Colorado Springs, CO.  I have been to Colorado twice before this, once to Denver with the hubby and also to Colorado Springs for work.  Colorado is such a great state to explore and I am looking forward to experiencing all of the great things Colorado and especially the Springs have to offer!

The view on my way to work in Colorado Springs
Below are three things I am looking forward to most on my trip:

Yoga
In the last two months I have started my yogi journey and lately, I have been obsessed with the way it makes my body feel and how the breathing and meditation relaxes me from the stresses of my day.  Since I have a gym membership to my work gym here, I will be able to take classes at the gym in Colorado Springs as well!  I can't wait to try their classes to see if they are similar to our classes here.  Also, it will help me focus on my healthy lifestyle and continue my routine even though I will be five states away!

Food
The food in Colorado is always amazing - especially for a vegetarian like myself! Every Colorado restaurant I have been to in the past, had some form of vegetarian or vegan option which is really great for me.  Also, they have one of my all time favorite restaurants there (which we do not have in Cleveland), Noodles & Company.  I will have to make an effort to stop by a few times just to get my fix.

Exploration
Even though I've already been to Colorado Springs, I have not been close enough to the mountains and beautiful natural landscapes that make it a great place to visit.  This time around, I want to make sure I do some sightseeing specifically, the Garden of the Gods.  Since I travel for work, I usually don't have the chance to explore much during the day, but I want to make sure on one of my travel days, I get a chance to see it!  Also, the weather in Colorado has been crazy this winter! They have seen temperatures upwards of 50 to 60 degrees whereas it is currently 1 degree here in Cleveland.  Here's to hoping that good weather sticks around until March!
The view of Pike's Peak from the office

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...