Sunday, June 30, 2013

Tom petty and the Heartbreakers Weekend

I have learned many things from my husband and probably one of the more important things I've learned about his likes and dislikes would have to be his obsession with Tom Petty.  I never really knew who Tom Petty was growing up and as soon as Danny and I met and started dating, he sought out to change this about me.  Danny grew up listening to a lot of Rock and Roll.  Some of his favorites include the Foo Fighters, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and of course Tom Petty.  I grew up listening to a lot of different kinds of music and never really had a favorite artist, I just liked anything that had a good beat and that I could dance to. 

It all started with the first weekend I went to Danny's hometown to spend the weekend with his parents.  The first night was our first official "Tom Petty night" which is what they are still referred to to this day.  We stayed up until 5 in the morning listening to Tom Petty concerts and talking with his parents.  It was an amazing day and one I will never forget.

Fast forward a year and tour dates for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were just released.  Since my husband and his family have seen him 6 or 7 times, I had a feeling we would get tickets.  I knew going into marriage that not creating my own obsession with Tom Petty was a deal breaker.  Fortunately for the both of us, I enjoy Tom's music and we even incorporated some of his songs into our wedding.  I was very excited to see "The Man" in person since I have listened to his music and heard his story so often in the last year of being with Danny.

Below are some of my favorite pictures from the concert.  It was a blast and went by way too fast. 


Us before walking over to the outside amphitheater.

Kathy and Doug (Danny's parents) before the concert.

Using our wedding koozies :)

At the concert.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...