Tuesday, July 8, 2014

DIY: Family name Frame

Below is one of the easiest DIYs I have done for our house so far.  This project cost under $20 and almost no time at all.  I had always admired the family name frames that you see at the mall.  These personalized frames can cost upwards of $100, but I will show you how to get the look without the hefty price tag.

I came across a Pin on my Pinterest board that had hundreds of different pictures for each letter (the site can be found here.)  I had fun picking out each letter and seeing which letters went well with each other-- I had 3 E's to pick out, so that was an adventure in itself.

After that, I went on a search for a picture frame with six spaces for each letter of our family name.  Some sites actually used separate picture frames, but I didn't like that look as much as having all of the letters in the same frame.  Luckily, I found this frame at Michaels and it was on sale too!

After choosing the perfect letters to fit in the frame, I ordered the prints from Walgreens and then fitted them into the picture frame and voila!  Now, it sits in our entryway and will represent our family for years to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...