Friday, May 31, 2013

James Garfield Memorial

Last weekend, my Dad was able to visit us in Cleveland.  This was his first time seeing the house and this was the first time in a while, we were able to spend a few days in a row with him.  My Dad is one of the most hardworking people I know and was working every single day, but now that he switched his schedule, he will have Friday nights and Saturdays off to spend with me and Danny up in Cleveland. 

My Dad was raised in a city close to Cleveland called Akron, Ohio.  This is why to this day I am a huge Cleveland sports fan.  When I graduated college and decided to accept a job up in Cleveland, my Dad was excited that I was starting my adult life in a city that was near and dear to his own heart.  Now that we have the house, we hope that we have many more visits from my parents and Danny's parents.  They all visited before, but it was usually just a day trip since we had no where for them to sleep in our tiny apartment!

This past weekend, we took my Dad to visit James Garfield's house located in Mentor, Ohio.  My Dad is a huge history buff and was so excited to learn about him.  Danny and I had been meaning to visit, but this happened to be the perfect opportunity to go.  Overall, a great representation of who James Garfield was and even how people lived back then.

My Dad at the James Garfield exhibit.
 After the tour, we grabbed dinner at the local Applebees.  We had a gift card from the wedding that we still hadn't used.  I love it when that happens :)

Danny and I at Applebees with my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...