Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Our new home

Since I haven't blogged in awhile, I wanted to catch everyone up on what's been going on in our lives.  One of the more exciting things that is different in our life is our new house.  Ever since Danny and I moved into our small apartment last year, we have been dreaming of the day we could upgrade to our own house.  We knew we would be in Cleveland long term, so it was only a matter of time that we bought our first house.  We had to wait until the apartment lease was up before we could move since we couldn't get out of the lease terms, but that didn't stop us from looking.  We started seriously looking in February.  I remember I was tired of thinking about the wedding and I needed to focus my energy on something else.  At first I thought things were going to be crazy stressful, but it actually acted as the perfect distraction for me.  I was looking online one day and came across a Realtor named, Kayleen McDowell.  I decided to leave her a message and wait for her phone call since it was 8 o'clock at night, but to my surprise, she answered the phone.  She had such a fun, outgoing personality that I knew she was the perfect person to find our dream home. After telling her what we were looking for, she gave us a list of houses in our price range and in our ideal neighborhood.  That weekend, we took a tour of about 6 houses and found our dream home within those houses!! As soon as we walked in, we fell in love with the amazing exposed beams in the finished basement and kitchen.  It was colorfully decorated and had so much personality.  It had a large backyard with a pool (which just looked like a lot of work to me, but Danny admired it).  The house had everything we wanted and more.  That night, we put in an offer. 

The next day was one of the most nerve-wracking days of my life.  I had to work but I wanted so desperately to hear back from the home owners.  Everyone seemed to prepare me for a counter offer, but much to my surprise, they accepted!

This started the long drawn out process of applying for a mortgage.  Although it was tough, we signed and closed on the house on April 15th, and proceeded to move in the following day. 

Even though home owning is tough, as we have already figured out, I find myself more and more in love with the house each and every day.  We have made it our own from the man cave in the basement to the master bedroom upstairs.  I love our house and so glad we have some place to call home.

Our house on moving day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...