Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

First and foremost, we remember those who have lost their lives fighting for our freedom today.  My thoughts and prayers are with the many families who have witnessed this hardship firsthand.  I am thankful everyday to live in a free country and this day always makes me realize that it did come at a cost.

As for our weekend, Danny and I had a fun-filled Memorial day weekend with lots of cooking out and enjoying the semi nice weather. For some reason, the last few days have been in the high 50's here. BRRRR! This made the Saturday night barbeque at our friends house feel a little more like a fall cookout instead of a summer sizzle.  It was filled with AMAZING food by our hosts, Dave and Stefanie and included great desserts including peanut butter cookies, oreo pie, and brownie cupcakes by some of the guests! It was a great night filled with wonderful food, friends, and of course a couple games of cornhole!! (I had forgotten how competitive Danny is...)

Last night, Danny and I tried out the new grill that we bought for the house!! We had just bought it two days prior and couldn't wait to try it out! Danny had a spinach and feta hamburger from Heinen's while I had the usual veggie burger from Trader Joe's.  I made pasta salad with cucumbers and tomatoes, and we had watermelon on the side.  All in all, a great meal and it made me look forward to many more nights grilling out this summer! I hope everyone is having a great Memorial day weekend!
Danny using the new grill!


Pasta salad, veggie burger, and watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...