Sunday, January 20, 2013

Our Car Shopping Weekend

This weekend was a great weekend, however these days seem to slip by us so fast.  With the wedding vastly approaching, I find myself with too much to do and less and less time to do it.  Last week on Tuesday, Danny and I met for dinner at Subway.  On the way back to work I received a call from Danny saying his 2003 Oldsmobile Alero had died in the middle of the road at the intersection before our apartment.  This was not good news for us.  We knew Danny's car was getting up there in age and condition, but we were hoping it would last another year or so before we even thought about looking for another car.  I bought my car before Danny and I met and I'm still paying it off.  With the wedding and wanting to buy a house in our future, buying another car was just not on our radar.  Unfortunately, fate decided for us.  We had the car towed to a new body shop close to the apartment and a few days later, they reported it needed a new fuel pump costing more than what we wanted to invest into the car.  I spoke to my coworkers at work about the issue in passing and my coworker told me to check out a Ford dealership.  His brother works for Ford and he would be willing to hook us up with the Friends and Family discount which would mean no haggling prices.  This was music to my ears since I do not appreciate haggling with car salesmen in no way, shape, or form.  This discount took the pressure off of us especially when we needed to find a car quickly.  So this past Friday we went to a Ford dealership in the neighborhood and they were just as relieved as us that we had the friends and family discount.  They gave us three different cars for the price range we wanted and the type of car we were looking for.  We looked at a Ford Focus, Escape, and Fusion and then narrowed it down to a Ford Escape.  Another interesting part of the plan in all of this is we decided to lease.  I have never leased before so it was all brand new to me and Danny.  We spoke to a lot of our friends that had leased cars and they all had good things to say about it.  We also leased to buy the car after the leasing period is up, so that we are not just putting the money into nothing.  After Danny signed all the paperwork on Saturday, he was able to drive off the lot with his new car, and boy was he excited.  He really loved the Ford Escape which is why we went with it.  He has always wanted a bigger car than a sedan and he liked driving my crossover so much that the Escape was natural to drive.  Its actually pretty funny the similarities between my car and his car.  I'm glad he got the car he wanted and that he is happy with it.

Our new car

We also had a busy weekend outside of buying the car, hard to believe.  On Thursday night, I met up with one of my bridesmaid, Kaela and one of her friends to see a movie.  I haven't been to the movies in awhile so it was fun to go and spend time catching up with them.  We saw the Guilt Trip which was surprisingly entertaining and hilarious at parts. 

On Friday night, Danny and I met our friends, Paige and Chris at Chris's house for a game night.  Danny and I love games and even love to have game nights on our own if we can manage to find 2 person games.  We stopped at Wal Mart to get a Subway sandwich before heading over, so we decided to buy a new board game to try that night.  We found a game called, "Bezzerwizzer" which involves trivia.  It was fun to play a new game and everyone seemed to enjoy it.  We ended the night with a movie.  Chris had Pitch Perfect and since no one had seen it before, we watched it.  It was hilarious and it made for a great night.
Danny and I planned a date night on Saturday night.  We had a gift certificate at a restaurant called Bahama Breeze, so we decided to check it out.  We got their at 5:30 and there was an hour and forty minute wait for a table so we decided to leave and check out one of our favorite restaurants in downtown Willoughby, Willoughby Brewing Company.  They have great food and great drinks.  After dinner we went home to play a few rounds of one of our favorite games, "Scatergories".  All in all, it was a great night and a good end to an exhausting weekend. 

1 comment:

  1. When you come down to Miami, we'll take you to Bahama Breeze. We love it!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...