Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weight Watcher Tuesday

I went to my first Weight Watchers class in over 3 months today.  Danny and I joined Weight Watchers soon after we got engaged because we knew we wanted to get fit and look amazing on our special day (I mean, what bride or groom wouldn't?).  I joined back in July and found a lot of success with the program.  After I had lost over 15 lbs from the program, I started to drift a little and before I knew it, I was back in my old habits.  I was eating out on the weekends, getting food from my favorite takeout restaurant, and forgetting about tracking my consumption of food because lets face it, it wasn't the healthiest foods I was consuming.  Just when I thought I was at the top of my game with the Weight Watchers program, I had stumbled a few times which unravelled everything I had been working towards.

Luckily, after going to the meeting today, I realized that even though I struggled with losing weight for the past three months, most of the struggle was owning up to my eating and exercising habits.  Matter of fact, I still have a 12 lbs weight loss since starting the program meaning I maintained most of my weight loss.  This accomplishment made me feel good about how far I had come.  Even though I hadn't lost any additional weight, I wasn't starting over.  I was picking up where I left off and that was an amazing feeling.  I know I will have to battle with my weight my entire life, but it's good to know that if I struggle I can pick up where I left off and develop healthy habits that will help me maintain my weight and healthy lifestyle.  A healthy lifestyle is important to me and my new family.  I want to make sure I can do everything I can now to prepare myself to have a long, healthy life for me, Danny, and our future children.

My next steps on this journey are to always go to my weight watcher meetings at work.  These meetings really are my anchor and they continue to inspire me every week.  I noticed when I struggled the most, it was because I didn't have this awesome support system.  Another goal of mine is to cook more at home.  I feel like I say this so much to Danny, but when the weekends come, I never seem to pull through! Once I finally have a normal work schedule, I'm hoping to be able to apply this on a daily basis or at least more often than I do now.  My last goal is to be happy with my weight and my progress.  Throughout my success with Weight Watchers, I was always concentrating on the number and not how losing weight made me feel.  It always mattered how much I lost and how much closer I was to the "ideal" weight.  I spoke to my Weight Watchers leader about choosing my weight goal and she said now that I am in a healthy range, it doesn't matter about the number, Its all about feeling comfortable within myself to know this is the healthy weight for me.  That was important advice for me to hear. 

That's enough Weight Watchers talk for now.  Hopefully soon I will blog about the many new and yummy recipes I found to try out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...