Friday, January 11, 2013

Spicy Shrimp and Pinterest craft night

Today marks day two of the eat-yourself-skinny.com recipes. I decided to make Spicy Shrimp with Cilantro and Lime. This recipe was only 4 pointsplus per serving (1/2 lbs of shrimp). Danny agreed that this was a lot of food for the amount of points which is always the best recipes when counting points since they keep you fuller, longer. Instead of shrimp, I grilled tofu on the foreman grill which is always one of my favorite meals. Cooking shrimp is something new to me. Even though I'm a vegetarian, I still cook all kinds of meat for Danny. I also lucked out for the fact that Danny is very picky about the type of meat he eats so he usually only eats ground beef or chicken, making it easier on me. Danny does like shrimp though. I have only tried cooking shrimp for him once and it didn't turn out so well, so tonight I was up for the challenge. This recipe was so easy to follow and turned out well. I served it over rice, but you could easily just eat it on its own too.

I also put together a Pinterest craft tonight. I had pinned this craft awhile ago, but just now got around to putting it together. It is a weekly food chart to plan the different meals we will eat. Since joining Weight Watchers, we learned quickly that half the struggle is planning your meals out. Since I still work second shift and we only spend three nights together for dinner, I wanted to make sure I had this craft ready to go when I do go to a normal schedule in a few weeks. It's important to me and Danny to continue this tradition when we have a family to provide some stability and organization for dinner time. To see the actual Pinterest craft, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...