Monday, December 17, 2012

Friends, Food, and Fire

Last Thursday night, Danny and I went over to our friends, Doug and Melissa's house.  They bought their first house a few months ago and moved in 3 weeks ago.  Their house looks amazing! Not only do they have a house now, but they have a new family member too.  Melissa has been excited to get a kitten as soon as she moved out of their old apartment. Her name is Lily, she is 8 months old and the most adorable little kitten.

Lily - 8 months old
Doug and Melissa made us a wonderful dinner comprised of homemade pizza and fresh salad.  After dinner Doug and Danny hung out in Doug's new closed-in front porch, while Melissa and I caught up about our upcoming weddings and life in general.  Melissa and I have been friends ever since freshman year of college.  She lived in the dorm room across the hall from me and we were in the same major.  We stayed in touch, but after freshman year we joined different sororities and had different friends.  We became close again when Melissa and I decided to study abroad in Europe with the business school.  Because of all of our adventures in Europe like navigating our way through Paris or getting pick pocketed in Pisa, we've remained close.

Melissa and me in Cinque Terre, Italy in 2008
That night at Doug and Melissa's house, Melissa and I built a fire for the first time in their new house.  It was a fun experience since I used all the tricks of the trade that my Dad taught me as Scoutmaster of the Boy Scouts, he would be so proud!
All in all, it was a great night with the future Hogan family! I'm looking forward to the next time we can see each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...