Friday, December 21, 2012

S'mores Popcorm Mix

This year for Christmas, things were a little different.  Since this is our first christmas together, Danny and I split the holidays with our families.  Ever since I started dating Danny, I heard about the famous Christmas Eve nights spent with his cousins playing song games, eating finger foods, and exchanging Christmas presents with his mom's sister's family.  This year, I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it, realizing that I would have to work until 10 pm on Christmas Eve, however, my coworker came to my rescue and decided to work the holiday shift for me.

I wanted to do something special since this was my first Christmas with the Brickner's.  I looked up on pinterest recipes that I could make and I came across a blog for holiday popcorn mixes.  If its one thing this family loves, its popcorn.  When I met Danny and first went to his apartment, I remember vividly he had a case of beer in the fridge, 10 boxes of popcorn and a bag of animal crackers in the cupboard.

I wanted to make a recipe that everyone could eat so I tried the S'mores popcorn.  The ingredients are just popcorn, Golden Grahams cereal, mini marshmellows, and chocolate chips.

This recipe was so easy to make.  You simply pop the popcorn, mix all three ingredients together (popcorn, Golden Grahams, and mini marshmellows) in a large bowl and then spread mixture evenly on a cookie sheet.  Then you melt the chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the mixture.  After the cholocate dries, the mixture is complete.  I put the popcorn mixture into Christmas tins I found at JoAnn's.  They make a great package and keep the popcorn fresh.  Check out the popcorn blog for this recipe and other great holiday popcorn recipes (Danny wanted to try them all!).  Merry Christmas friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...