Saturday, September 28, 2013

My Last Two Weeks

So things have been pretty crazy in my life in the last couple of weeks.  I feel the necessary need to update you on my life and what has been going on.  Here are the top 8 things I've been doing with my life since we last spoke.


 1.  I have spent some time hanging out with my fur babies.  If I'm home, I'll have both cats and a puppy following me around.  It's cute when I snap pictures of them like this, somewhat close to each other.  They are becoming friends (or at least they don't seem to try and kill each other anymore).  Things are getting a little calmer in our house.
2.  Remember when I was thinking about going back to grad school for my MBA?  Well, I still am thinking about it and it constantly occupies my thoughts.  I had a freak out this week when I realized the deadline for applications is November 1st and I still haven't taken the GMAT, nor have I been studying for it.  Because of that, I will not be entering the MBA program until the summer time.  I'm hoping I can apply for grad school and be able to start a class in the summer of 2014.  I'm sad that I wasn't able to get everything ready to start in January 2014, but with everything else going on with my job, I'm okay with it.  I went to a panel discussion for work this week with successful people that have made a name for themselves in the company.  It was mind blowing that every single person had their Masters degree, not just to advance their career, but because they wanted the knowledge of what grad school can give a person.  I found that very insightful and it gives me even more affirmation that grad school is the right next step for me.

3.  Danny and I have been keeping up with our weekly grocery shopping and cooking dinner every night of the week except for date nights once a week.  I have found a lot of different things and one of those are fake meatballs! We stayed in and watched the football games last week and I made real meatballs for Danny and fake meatballs for me.  They were surprisingly good and they made me excited to actually be able to enjoy a traditional football food for the game.
4.  I've been dreaming of owning a nice camera for awhile and I always joked with Danny that we couldn't start having kids until he bought me a camera since I want to capture every moment of our children's lives.  Although we are definitely not pregnant, he took the hint and told me he is getting me a camera for Christmas this year (he is not very good with surprises and he wanted me to help pick it out).  I am so very excited and I can't wait to update my blog with the pictures I take!

5.  Danny and I have been hanging out with friends during this two week period.  We've had game nights and get-togethers with every weekend.  Even though we all have different schedules, we are good about constantly hanging out with each other.  We even attend the same church together which guarantees that we get to see our close friends at least every week.  We are so blessed to have such amazing friends in our life.
6.  I dusted off the kindle and downloaded one of my favorite books that I haven't read in awhile.  I have been spending a few hours each night, diving into this book.  It helps me relax after a long day of work and I enjoy letting my imagination wander into a good book.








7.  Danny and I have had our weekly date nights.  Last night we went to dinner and a movie.  We saw Don Jon and it was interesting.  This movie definitely made me think about a lot of things dealing with relationships and how men and women interact with each other. 





8.  Lastly, I have been very busy with my job.  My role has changed at work and what seems like the flip of a switch, I have completely changed my day to day duties.  I was previously a technician, and now I am a team lead due to the recent promotions that took all of our previous leads.  I recently found out that I am representing my company at AFCOM which is a Data Center Conference in Orlando, Florida.  I am very excited for this opportunity, it just seems like everything is happening so fast.  I leave on a plane tomorrow and will be there for the next four days.  It's all very exciting and I wouldn't have it any other way, but I can't wait for my work life to slow down, so I can have a little more work/life balance.

I hope you have had a great last few weeks and I can't wait to update you on my trip in Florida!  Now, I'm spending the day shopping for some new business professional clothes that actually fit! All of my old business professional clothes were pre-wedding weight loss.


1 comment:

  1. I saw Don Jon too and I really liked it, I agree that it showed the huge difference between men and women's views on relationships. That's so exciting that you're going to Florida for work, that will be so much fun, can't wait to see and read about your trip :)
    Amia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...