Sunday, September 29, 2013

Working for the MAN

Oddly enough, this week's Sunday Social is all about the job and I am traveling to Orlando, Florida to go to a conference for work this week.  Very Ironic.



1. What is your dream job?

My dream job is to manage my own team within a big business.  I work in IT currently as an Operations Analyst and I would like to explore the management options available and find something that would fit my strengths, but would also challenge me and allow me to grow as an individual. 

2. If you had just won the lottery and didn’t need to work for money, what would you do with your time? 

I would want to volunteer and work for a charity.  My childhood friend's mom was able to volunteer for the Wildlife Foundation and she was always helping animals in need.  If I had the heart to do it, I would want to volunteer for an animal rescue organization.

3. What piece of career advice would you give to someone just starting out in your field?
Take initiative as much as you can.  Be ambitious and try to look for ways to improve the effciency of the work you're doing.  If you are always looking for improvements, people will notice you.  On the other hand, if you always just do the bare minimum, you won't get promoted as fast as you want to.

4. What would be your ideal “just for fun” job?
I would love to do something creative as a just for fun job.  I'm not very creative in general, instead I'm more logical which is why my job doesn't have too much to do with creativity.  I love being creative which is why I enjoy crafting and blogging on the side. 

5. What was your first “real” job?

When I was fourteen, I worked for my mom's friends at their local Cross-stitched shop.  It was a great experience and I am still really close with all of the women that work in the shop.  After that, I worked for a month on fall break at New York & Company which was my first job as an adult.  I've realized through that job that I never wanted to work retail again.  I did, however, get a lot of cute professional clothes out of it.

3 comments:

  1. What a neat job you had when you were younger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retail jobs are not for the weak, for sure!! LOL! And I also love the WWF! What an awesome organization!! :)

    Stopping by from the linkup! Have a great Sunday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice to hear that you started since you were 14. love your post.
    hope you can visit my Sunday Social

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...