Wednesday, September 11, 2013

#WeddingWednesday: Reception Decor



Today's #WeddingWednesday is dedicated to the reception decor.  It feels like every wedding that was planned post Pinterest has a handful of diy projects that are lumped into the reception decor, or at least I know my wedding did.  Last week's #WeddingWednesday's post was all about my guestbook that I found on Pinterest and the reception decor was the exact same way.  I started pinning decor that I fell in love with and after all was done, I was so happy with how everything looked.  Thanks to so many people that came together to make our reception simply beautiful and so much better than anything I could have imagined for my big day.

Table Numbers

My idea for the table numbers came from Pinterest.  I had saw an idea and thought it was so adorable I had to do it.  We created table numbers from ages and included a picture of the both of us at that age.  After all the work me and my mom put into the table numbers, I'm so glad we did it because they turned out great and now I have a collection of adorable pictures of my husband from every year of his life!  I literally was making these up until the night of the wedding.  In fact, I didn't want to leave and go home from the after party of the rehearsal dinner because I knew I had five of these left to do.  Like I mentioned before though, my mom helped me out a lot with these table numbers and she was there working on them with me the day before and even hours before the ceremony!



Seating cards

The seating cards were something I was debating with for some time.  I wanted them to be unique and I wanted them to go along with the theme of the wedding.  This was difficult because we really didn't have a theme to begin with.  I found a great pin (again) and my mom (again) did an amazing job putting them together.  She did ALL of the seating cards and they turned out wonderfully!  We decided to go with the plant theme since the wedding was in March and symbolized our new life growing just like a new plant at the beginning of spring.  We also had to have some way to let the servers know who had what plate for dinner.  This is where the ribbon came into play.  There were champagne, pink, and green ribbons signifying either beef, chicken, or vegetarian for dinner.



Party Favors

We decided to make coozies for party favors because we wanted something our guests would take home and use.  I saw the saying, "To Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever After" and decided to incorporate it with our names and our wedding date.  We ordered so many coozies that we had a ton left over and we still use them all the time to this day.  They were an easy favor to order and something that will remind us of our big day for years to come.

My mom monogrammed this bin to put at the bar filled with the coozies.
Our coozies in use at the wedding.

Flowers/Centerpieces

Lastly, the centerpieces looked amazing and were by far my favorite part of the decor.  Our florist, 5th Avenue Floral did an amazing job transcribing my vision of the centerpieces into a reality.  Not only was I in shock of how amazing my bouquet and the bridesmaids flowers turned out, the centerpieces that they put together were breathtakingly beautiful.  My mom also put together tall glass containers with faux flowers in water with a floating candle on top.  They gave a very romatic feeling to the atmosphere and served as the smaller centerpieces.  The tables were so well put together and I was so thrilled with how everything turned out.



The Photos above were taken by Little Tree Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...