Thursday, October 3, 2013

Favorite Fall Food: Mashed Butternut Squash and Apples

Today's link up, Autumn on my Mind is about your favorite Fall food.  One of my favorites is called Mashed Butternut Squash and Apples.  Danny and I discovered this recipe when sifting through Weight Watchers recipes last Fall.  Not only is this recipe healthy, but it is delicious and easy to make too!  I usually make it as a side dish and I'm definitely going to make it this year for Thanksgiving!


Mashed Butternut Squash and Apples

Ingredients:

20 oz Squash, winter, butternut, raw, fresh, peeled and cubed
2 medium Apples, fresh, Granny Smith, peeled, cored and cut into small pieces
1/2 cup of Apple Cider
1 Tbsp Butter
1 1/2 tsp Thyme, fresh, chopped
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper

Instructions:
Put squash, apples, and cider in a shallow microwave-safe baking dish or container.  Sprinkle butter over top.  Cover and microwave until tender, about 10-12 minutes.  Mash until smooth, yet slightly chunky.  Stir in thyme, salt, and pepper.  Yields about 2/3 cups per serving.

Source: Weight Watchers

Happy Thursday! Hope you're having a beautiful Fall day!

3 comments:

  1. I love squash recipes! This sounds yummy! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for linking up with us! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...