Sunday, October 6, 2013

Food Review: Local Tavern

Thursday night, Danny and I went to dinner at Local Tavern.  We wanted to choose a local restaurant to try on our date nights for the month of October.  We just moved to the area and wanted an excuse to try the new and local restaurants in our town.  We usually convince each other to try a chain restaurant that we know we both like, but it's always good to get out of our comfort zones and try something new!  We had heard so much about Local Tavern and it had just opened in our area.

As soon as we walked in, we loved the look of the place.  It looked new, but old at the same time.  They had refinished the look of this obviously old looking building and it looked very polished.  It had a section for a live band to play and plenty of bar space, which made it seem like a fun place to hang out on the weekend.

We started with the Herb Fries.  Danny had read a few reviews online that had mentioned these fries.  They were covered in something tasting of parmesan and were downright amazing.  I was glad we decided to get them since my mushroom burger I ordered wasn't very good.  As you can tell from the picture, it just had way too much going on.  I couldn't even eat it like a regular sandwich and had to cut it up in little piece in order to eat it.

Even though I wasn't impressed with my meal, Danny and I want to go back to try something else (and to get the herb fries again!)  It was a great night out with my husband like always.

Herb Fries
Mushroom Burger
It is literally 80 degrees outside in OCTOBER in Cleveland.  I put on a sweater and jeans and then realized I needed something much lighter.  Erin from Living in Yellow inspired me to be proud of my outfit selfies in her post titled, I Now Grant You Permission To Take Selfies Daily.  I encourage you to check out her blog.  She is hilarious and has some great fashion looks and interior decorating ideas.

Date Night Outfit
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Not looking forward to Monday after my week in Florida and 3 day weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Those fried look super yummy, I may need to go try Local Tavern as well. I love your top :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...