Thursday, October 10, 2013

#WeddingWednesday: Venue


Today's #WeddingWednesday is dedicated to the wedding venue.  When Danny and I got engaged, we decided we wanted to have the ceremony and the reception in the same place, so the venue was super important since our guests would be spending the whole day there.  I originally always dreamt of getting married outside, but that doesn't always happen when the groom works in baseball and tells you, you can only get married between November and March.  I remember countless conversations with Danny to try and make it work in the summertime, but we (I) had to face the facts and get married either in late spring or early fall.

We originally choose November 16, 2013 as our wedding date (I know, I would be a stressed out bride right now!), but we realized we didn't want to wait that long so we moved it up to March 16, 2013.

We took one weekend to set up appointments with three or four venues for our big day.  By the end of the day, we saw a lot of things that we liked, but nothing that we loved.

The last venue was The Lakes Golf and Country Club.  I still remember when I first stepped into the amazing two story entrance showing a beautiful staircase and grand piano.  Once I stepped in the dining room which would be the cocktail area and then the tent where we had the ceremony and reception, I was amazed by every single room and instantly fell in love with the place.  Because this venue had a tent, it felt like I was getting my outdoor wedding in March.  Although there was a slight issue with the tent heaters at first, it was perfect.

I also loved the locker rooms that we were able to use to get ready.  We had the whole place to ourselves (because who golfs in March?) and I heard stories of the amazing man cave that they had (tvs and full bar with bartender).

It was the perfect place for us and the people that helped us make our day amazing did a great job.  The chef even catered the vegetarian meal to my request.  The venue was a big part of the big day and I am so happy everything worked out perfectly.






Exchanging our vows.

Before the ceremony.

During the ceremony in the tent.

Our bridal party outside the venue.

Bridal party on the staircase.

On the golf course with the venue in the background.

Pictures taken by Little Tree Studios.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...