Wednesday, October 2, 2013

#WeddingWednesday: 31 years in the making

This #Wedding Wednesday is especially special. Today marks my parent's 31st wedding anniversary and what better way to celebrate the anniversary than to dedicate a #WeddingWednesday post in their honor!
31 years to the day, my parents made it official!
My parents mean so much to me and they could not have provided a better example of unconditional love in a marriage for me and my brother. They made a point to never argue in front of us kids growing up even so much as I just assumed they agreed on everything.  My dad laughed at me one day when I told him that and then he admitted they argued, but just not when we were around.

After all these years and all of the craziness we put them through, their love and support for one another has never failed.  I am so grateful for every opportunity they have given me and every lesson they have taught me.  Danny and I are so blessed for their generosity and loving nature especially during the wedding planning process and everything they did for us on our big day. Being a semi recent college grad (3 years give or take), we didn't have a lot of money to put towards our dream wedding, but from the start, my parents were willing to give us what we wanted. Some engaged couples decide to spend the money for a wedding on a down payment on a house or invest it in their future, but luckily we had our parents to help us.  I think about my wedding day every single day since it happened (200 days ago to be exact!) and think about how amazing everything turned out to be. I am so grateful that my parents were able to help us out with that and give us our dream wedding day.

I dug out some wonderful pictures of my parents on our wedding day to commemorate their special anniversary.  From my mom helping me in my dress, to my dad calming me down before walking down the aisle, these moments are so special to me.

A collection of wedding day photos taken by Little Tree Studios.

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary to your parents, this is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...