Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkin Pottery

This weekend, I was able to paint some pumpkin pottery! My friend, Kara had a great idea to go to a pottery making store.  Kara, Ashleigh, and I went to Hands On Pottery in Mayfield.  It was a great place and they had so many things to choose from.  I love decorating for the holidays so it was no surprise when I chose this amazing pumpkin candy jar!  Ashleigh painted an owl and Kara chose a cupcake and a vase to paint!

After I was done with my pumpkin, I still had some time left, so I decided to paint a shot glass for my husband in his favorite's team colors and emblem.  I'm hoping he can display it in his man cave!


All of the projects turned out awesome in the end! Kara's cupcake shown below was so creative with the pink frosting and sprinkles.  Ashleigh's favorite things are owls and mustaches, so she decided to put a mustache on her owl and it was adorable, I am so mad at myself for not snagging a picture of it! I can't wait to see how they turned out after the kiln.  We had a lot of fun and it was a great Saturday activity!  I'm also excited to cross another item off of my 30 before 30 list!


After a few hours painting pottery, we headed out to meet up with our husbands.  It was our good friend, Ryan's birthday and we all celebrated with him.  It was a good night out with friends and a good cap to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...