Friday, August 16, 2013

Home is Where the Heart is

So, I've spent so many days thinking about working on crafts for the house, but spent very little time actually doing them.  Since the dog was in the puppy hospital yesterday, I decided to use the opportunity for some uninterrupted pinteresting time.  I noticed a pin recently of a glittery state and I thought it looked like a great craft!

I love the state of Ohio.  I was born here, went to school here, and now I've settled down and built my life here.  I also love the city of Cleveland.  I'm not originally from here, but it has been so good to me.  I have an established career here, I met the love of my life here, and my friends are here.  I get especially frustrated when people ask why I moved to Cleveland or what's so great about it.  I love it because I made it my own.  It's my city through and through and I am so proud to live here.  When I saw this craft on Pinterest I had to do it not only because I love the great state of Ohio, but because my heart belongs to Cleveland.  The step by step directions can be found here.

My personal struggles with this craft were with the outline.  Ohio is a very unique state and after cutting out ridge after ridge, it was time consuming, but it turned out great.  I also don't have a printer, so I took some regular paper and stenciled the outline off of my computer.  It works great if you just zoom in.  Also, I could not find the heart shaped brat at my local craft store, so I used a heart shape I found in the scrapbooking section (It even kept with the glitter theme!)  I also only had dark frames left in my closet and it just didn't look right with the picture, so I went to Michaels and found this white frame that goes much better with it.






1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...