Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Photo Challenge: (cook)Books

This week's photo challenge is Books.  Now for a person that doesn't have a lot of physical (or virtual, now that I think about it) books, this one could have been challenging.  I do however, have a good collection of cookbooks.  Although these books aren't filled with stories, they are just as vaulable to me since I need a lot of direction in the kitchen.  I almost always follow a recipe when I cook and one day I hope that I can start to improvise on my own to find out what goes with what, but for now, I am very "by the book" you could say (see what I did there?)


I have a lot of vegetarian cookbooks (duh!) and even some great ones that I got for the wedding/showers.  I got a mexican cookbook from my mother-in-law.  I also got a vegetarian cookbook from Danny's grandmother which is one of the last things she gave me before she passed away this past April.  I was looking through it the other day and came across her card that came with the gift which made me miss her so much!

We also have a "Cooking with Beer" cookbook in our collection that my parents gave Danny for Christmas last year.  I need to cook a recipe out of it for him but a lot of them include meat which means I wouldn't be able to try it (bummer).  I have a lot of vegetarian cookbooks since its easier to add meat than to take out of most recipes.  Cooking is one of my favorite things to do even though Danny will tell you I haven't been in the kitchen in awhile.  Maybe this will spark a new recipe this week? Keep reading to see!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...