Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Social

It's Sunday already.  These weeks need to start slowing down! On to Sunday Social.

1. What are 3 items you can’t live without on a daily basis (water, food, shelter, and clothes don’t count)
The three items I can't live without are:

My phone.  Danny can tell you I'm usually on my phone way too much checking out facebook or bloglovin'.  I feel like something is missing from my body if I don't have my phone on me, it's like my third arm.  I also have my digital calendar on my phone which reminds me of my appointments or special weekends I have coming up.

We already have all weekends in August booked.
My wedding rings.  I always have my ring on and even sleep with it on.  I love that it symbolizes my relationship with my husband and I would not want to live without it.  I will never be the type that doesn't wear a wedding ring when I'm older (hoping it fits through all stages of life, especially pregnancy!)


My Family.  I'm not sure if this one counts, but I could not live a day without Danny, Teddy, Rosie, and Yogi.  Danny and I have only been separated twice since we started dating and that was tough enough.  It would be incredibly hard to do a long distance relationship with him if we ever had to, luckily that's not in our future.  Also, I can't live a day without seeing my furry family.  When my parents watch the cats or Yogi, I always miss them so much.  
 
How could I live without these two!?
2. What is your all time favorite book? Why?

I don't read often, but when I do, I read mostly chick lit novels.  One of my favorite chick lit novels is Murphy's Law.  I really like Lori Foster as an author and some of my other favorite chick lit novelists include Jane Green and Jennifer Cruise.



3. What is something you’d like to accomplish before the end of 2013?

One thing I would want to accomplish before the end of the year is to learn how to take professional pictures.  I love taking pictures and I've always wanted to expand my talents with a professional camera too (although I don't know if that is in the cards this year!).  I want to have memories for years to come of my life and my husband's life so we can look back one day and share with our loved ones through the pictures we have.



4. If you could go back and relive any year of your life which year would it be?
The year I would want to relive is definitely 2013! In only the first four months of the year, I married the love of my life, went on a honeymoon to Jamaica, bought our first house, and adopted the cutest puppy, this is by far the best year of my life.  Plus, I constantly nag Danny to let me marry him again so I can have another wedding day.  I know people say this all the time, but it was truly the most amazing day of my entire life and I felt like it went by way too fast! I wish I could relive it over and over again.

Amazing moment I will forever cherish!
5. What do you wish people knew about you without you having to tell them?

I wish people knew that I am a smart, successful woman in a professional career where my values are challenged daily. 95% of my team at work is comprised of men and I sometimes get the gender card from time to time.  I have worked my way up in my field and have proven myself opportunity after opportunity and I will say, working in a profession with almost all men is not always the easiest thing.  I have been questioned from day one for my skills and have proven myself accordingly.  Even though it hasn't been easy, I have stuck through it and learned so much.  I would want people to know that I am more than a daughter and a wife, but that I am a professional.  I do more than just cook and clean, I take care of my family financially as well.  Some people are caught up in the concept that women have to stay home and take care of the house and children and they cannot have a professional career, but I like to challenge them and say, "why not do both?"


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...