Friday, July 26, 2013

The Cleveland Museum of Natural History

On Thursday night, Danny and I headed to The Cleveland Museum of Natural History located in University Circle near downtown Cleveland.  My company had an event where we ate dinner and then got into the museum for free.  I took a few pictures, but we had to cut the trip short after I learned what "natural habitat" really meant.  I was used to the zoo animals with all of their different cages, but at this museum, it was very different.  As soon as I saw the lifeless bodies in the cages, I realized I couldn't take it.  There's a reason why I'm vegetarian and I believe in not harming animals no matter what, so the museum was a little too much for me.

The Cleveland Museum of Natural History.
We saw this owl named Napoleon.
 After our misfortunes at the museum, we decided to head to Winking Lizard since it was still happy hour.  Winking Lizard has one of the best beer selections which includes The World Tour that customers can  attempt to drink up to 150 beers to win prizes over a year time period.  They are a regional resturant so they have locations in the Cleveland area and in Columbus, Ohio.

Winking Lizard
Happy Friday, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Winking Lizard is so good! If it makes you feel a little better, the animals that are taxidermied are not killed for display, but they have been killed accidentally (hit by a car or something like that) or died of natural causes. I don't know if that helps but it's better than going out and hunting them.
    Amia

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...