Monday, July 29, 2013

A Putt Putt Date Night

This past Friday, Danny and I had a date night!  Since I was in training this week until Friday and I had to work my normal schedule on Sunday, I didn't really have a weekend, so we made the best of it.  We started out with dinner at Claddah's Irish Pub.  Its one of our favorite places since it's where we first met each other in January of 2012.  They have an amazing veggie burger made out of spinach and feta cheese, it is so good!

Claddagh's.
Spinach feta veggie burger.
Danny at dinner.
Me at dinner.
After dinner we decided we didn't want to go home yet, so we thought of things to do.  I had purchased a groupon a few months ago for a putt putt course, so we decided to try it out.  Danny loves to putt putt and has been "golfing" (virtually on the xbox) lately.  I even tried to plan a date night last year at a putt putt place, however once we got there, it was an empty, abandoned lot that looked like it had been closed for awhile! So, putt putt golfing was WAY overdue for us.  Plus, Danny and I are both really competitive, so we wanted to see who would win in a putt putt match.

The Golf Dome was really nice and a very popular place on a Friday night for high school kids and families.  We played two full games and ended up tying the first game and then I lost the second game.  We will have to have a rematch sometime soon so I can beat him, I came so close the first game!

The Golf Dome.

 
 
On Saturday morning, Danny and I finally got to sleep in which always makes the days go by faster.  We ran a few errands at the mall including stocking up on my favorite stores like, Lush!

 
Lush is a line of fresh, homemade cosmetics and I especially love lush for their face wash and facial cleansers.  I learned about Lush about a year ago when I got a facial.  The technician said I should check them out for all different skin types.  As soon as I walked in, I was greeted by a friendly worker who started narrowing down what type of face wash I should use.  She tried many things right there in the store by seeing what went best with the skin on my hands.  I now use these products everyday and love them! They also have the most amazing masks made with all organic ingredients.  These have to be refrigerated and last up to a few weeks. I love lush because it is all natural and they don't believe in testing their products on animals which makes me like them even more.

After checking out the mall (which we hadn't been in it seemed like ages!), we headed to Applebees for a linner (lunch and dinner) meal.  I ended up trying their amazing Berry Spinach Salad which was so good! It had blue cheese and caramelized pecans on it too which made it extra yummy!


Upon arriving home on Saturday, Danny and I decided to have a movie night.  I chose one movie and he chose another movie for me to watch, both that the other had not seen before.  My choice was Burn After Reading which is hilarious and twisted on so many levels and Danny seemed to like it (I think he was just glad I didn't pick a chick flick starring Katherine Hiegl).  Then we ended the evening with The Prestige which I had never seen before and I thought it was AMAZING!! I couldn't believe all the interesting plot twists in this movie and how it made you think.  Overall, very intriguing and I can't wait to see it again.  The Prestige was written by Christopher Nolan who also wrote the screenplays for Inception, The Dark Knight, and The Dark Knight Rises.




All together it was a nice, short weekend enjoying time with my husband.

Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave me a message below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...